Representative Judy Boyle will be introducing a Bill soon that will eliminate the need to get a Brand Inspection on equine in Idaho .She did not make the industry aware of
this bill , nor why she felt the need to try and eliminate Brand Inspections for Equine in Idaho.
Please contact Representative Boyle and your legislature representative.
It’s important the Industry for the following reasons to continue to have Brand Inspections. Please post on face book pages and email your equine friends and please
Call or email your representatives.
Representative Judy Boyle Judy Boyle email@example.com
Home (208) 355-3225
Bus (208) 355-3225
FAX (208) 355-3225
Value of Brand Inspections
Brands are livestock’s return address. They are important because:
- They provide evidence of ownership
• They deter theft
• They enable brand inspectors and law enforcement personnel to return stolen or missing livestock to their owners
• They help resolve conflicts over ownership
• Helps determine ownership
• Enables brand inspectors and law enforcement personnel to return stolen or missing livestock to their owners
• Prevents unlawful sale or transport of livestock
• Facilitates commerce by providing a system of checks and balances that is well understood and valued in the marketplace
• Helps protect the livestock industry by putting trained personnel in the field to keep an
eye on the industry
Several of our surrounding States require a Brand Inspection to bring a horse into their State.
In case of a disaster how would we fine our livestock?
If Brand inspection for Equine is eliminated the Idaho Horse Board would no longer be able to grant funds on a yearly basis ..Since 1989 the Idaho Horse Board has granted $478,495.fpr Research, Education and Promotion for Equine Groups in Idaho .
If she eliminated brand inspections on Equine then would they need to reclassify the definition of livestock as the law now exists. Equine may no longer be classified as “Livestock.”