Purpose & Objectives of the Idaho Horse Council
The purpose of the Idaho Horse Council shall be to promote the interest of the entire equine industry of Idaho; to act as liaison
among the various horse groups; to disseminate information; to act as official voice of the state equine industry; and to be an
advisory body to the University of Idaho, College of Agriculture, and the Idaho Department of Agriculture regarding the horse
industry and related horse activities or programs
- To further the common interest of the Idaho Horse Industry
- To serve as a means of communication within the industry and spokesman to those outside the Industry where unity and strength are needed.
- To monitor legislative & administrative decisions which would have an impact on horses and/or the Idaho horse industry.
- To promote horse related activities and programs of beneficial interest to the industry in Idaho.
- To promote the highest standards of sportsmanship and horsemanship for the use of horses as a source of healthful recreation and welfare of Idaho residents.
- To encourage the protection and development of natural and environmental resources vital to the horse industry in Idaho.
- To encourage and support programs developed of by the Idaho Youth Horse Council in the use of horses for enhancing the development of human behavior.
- To promote and encourage programs or activities which enhance the marketing of horses.
- To develop programs which encourage the humane and appropriate treatment vital to the horse’s best welfare.